Pages

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Face to Face networks - Thing 7 (cpd 23 Things)

Most of my networking has been done in specific areas of information management - for example, my last role was in careers information, so I was part of a regional network.  It was useful to find out what others were doing in the region's services, and thinking about where the service I worked for ought to be going. 

I'm now part of the CILIP chartering group (which is actually an online network, so I guess it doesn't really count!)  but I do find that useful.  I keep an eye on that for any group meetings, but so far have just had access to the email group.  I've also built up a relationship with my mentor, whom I didn't know very well before chartering, and she has been very supportive despite a heavy workload. 

As haven't so far come across a group for librarians working in alternative roles - perhaps there aren't enough of them yet, or perhaps there are simply too many 'alternative' roles to make such as thing practical.  I'd be interested to hear what others think.

No comments:

Post a Comment